Wednesday 9 July 2014

Lingering Echoes by Erica Kiefer


I think it is a story that will appeal to the young romantics with a penchant for heartbreak.

Allie has been taken back to the scene of a traumatic experience, one that fills her with guilt, despite her lack of blame. I was surprised by the fact she had not felt it necessary to share any details about the incident prior to her conversation with Damien. No police? How about the poor parents, surely they would have asked how and why?

There was a wee element I found disturbing, which kept seeping into the story and was part of both Allie and Damien’s story. The way the author described and referred to one of the three youths, who late take the girls to a party. In the second half of the story one of the Samoan guys says something similar. I found it borderline racist.

Apparently this is New Adult, strange I had it pegged as YA, especially due to the teeny feel and lack of romp action. Not that the lack of romp was or is a negative factor, but the story seems to be more geared towards the younger reader, hence my surprise at finding out it isn’t.

Damien and Allie have a connection and they share a past, although only one of them knows it. It is time Allie took a deep breath and a dive into the cold murky waters of her past.
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment