Thursday 7 April 2016

Head over Heels Geek Girl by Holly Smale

This is book 5 of the Geek Girl series.

First and foremost I have to say I am with India, the whole way. I might be by myself when it comes to that, but I totally get her attitude towards Harriet and her controlling behaviour.

The random facts, figures and tidbits of information were amusing. I now know many more random things I might need one day.

I think young readers will like the energy and especially enjoy following her life through various awkward stages in life.

In this book she and her friends are in college. Harriet still lives in a world of excessive micro management, unfortunately she also expects her friends to live up to her own personal expectations. She sets the bar really high for herself and everyone around her.

Harriet and her Dad are just too cute, like two peas in a pod. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I wonder what Tabitha will be like when she is older. Based on the little tikes adventures in this book, she seems to fit comfortably on the Manners tree.

Eventually Harriet has to acknowledge that part of growing up is being able to conform, accept change and to be a little more flexible with her friends and family.

Head over Heels is fun, fast-paced and delightfully eccentric.

Buy Head over Heels at Amazon UK or go to Goodreads for any other retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment