Saturday 9 April 2016

Sneak Peek: Scarlett Epstein Hates it Here

This short review is based on the Sneak Peek of Scarlett Epstein Hates it here.

It just didn't do it for me at all. YA, especially teeny YA can be entertaining, funny and memorable. It can also be quite prolific at times. This was none of that. It was messy. loud, disjointed and not at all funny.

Scarlett spends most of her time imagining herself in the middle of her favourite tv show. Her life revolves around her inner world of fantasy. Real life friends are allocated screen or character names depending on their personality traits, which could be a wee bit awkward of they ever found out about them.

There seemed to be a bit of a disconnect between the fanfic and her actual life. There is more emphasis on her family life and social interactions than on the fanfic angle, which seems a bit of a shame. The whole fanfic community, their oddities and zealous fandom is probably an amusing angle to explore further.

In all fairness, I need to repeat the fact I have only read the Sneak Peek, which means I have no idea whether I would feel the same about the entire book. However based on the Peek I don't think it is my particular cup of tea.

Buy Scarlett Epstein Hates it Here at Amazon UK or go Goodreads for any other retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment